TNEA 2019: The Anna University is a state university of Tamilnadu. This university is basically a technical university which provides the technical courses to the candidates. This university is located in the capital of state ie Chennai. The university is a public university of state. The university establishment completed in 1978. In 1978, the government of the state established this university by virtue of Tamilnadu Act 30 of 1978. Earlier it was formed as the Madras University. In 1982, the name of this university changed to its current name. In 2001, the university got the status of a Affiliating University. This university is also approved by the University Grants Commision India (UGC). Currently over 500 various colleges & institutes in the state have affiliation with this university.
The university conducts the entrance exam to provide the candidates with the admissions in the courses available in the university. Various colleges or Institutes take the scores of the university entrance exam as the basis for the admissions in the university. This article will be primarily focused on the information of the TNEA 2019 exam. So the candidates must check the details of the exam from this article.
In the Begining, the university conducts the exam as the Tamilnadu Professional Courses Entrance Examination (TNPC EE). But from the 2007 session, the university renamed this exam as the Tamilnadu Engineering Admissions Test (TNEA). Since then the university conducts this exam as the basis to provide the candidates with the admissions in the professional courses in the university. The university makes all the guiding principles for this exam. This article will help the candidates to understand those guiding principles of this exam. Thus the candidates must check the article to get all the information about the exam. The candidates will get all the official information of this exam from this article. They will also be able to get the information of the application procedure for this exam. So we advise the candidates to check the informative details of this exam from the article.
TNEA 2019 Application Form
The Application procedure for this exam will take place in the online mode. The candidates have to apply for the exam from the official website of the university. Candidates will get the application forms for this exam in the month of May 2019. So the candidates must check the schedule of this exam from the article given below. The candidates should also check the eligibility standards of the exam before applying. These details are also present in this article.
- The general category candidates have to pay INR 500.
- The reserved category candidates have to pay INR 250.
TNEA 2019 Eligibility Standards
- The candidates should have the valid passing certificate of High School in PCM/B stream.
- They should have at least 50% marks in the 12th class examination.
- The candidate should be a permanent resident of the state.
- Candidates from other state have to send a DD of INR 5000 to director of the university in order to apply for this exam.
- Candidates who are wards of the Central government, public sector or All India Services can also apply but they have to submit the record of residency of 5 years in the state.
- The candidates of the reserved category will get the reservation in the seats of the university.
If the candidates still have any confusion in the details then they should contact the officials for the solution.
TNEA 2019 Important Dates
|Sr No.||Event||Expected dates|
|1||Registration process will start in||the First Week of May 2019|
|2||Registration process will end in||Last week of May 2019|
|3||Merit list of TNA will be out in||First June 2019|
|4||Counselling sessions will start in||Last June 2019|
|5||Counselling sessions on single window||From Last week of June to July 2019|
The candidates should continuously check the article for the latest updates of this exam. They can also confirm the schedule from the official website of the authority.
TNEA 2019 Exam Pattern
- The question paper of this exam will only have the objective type questions ie the candidates have to choose the correct answer from the options available.
- The question paper of this exam will have 150 questions.
- Candidates will get 150minutes to complete the exam.
- There will be no negative marking in this exam.
- The question paper will have the questions of 150 marks.
- The question paper will be in the English language only.
- It will also have 3 sections of Physics, Chemistry & Math/Biology of +2 level syllabus.
The candidates should keep this pattern in mind while applying for this examination.
TNEA 2019 Admit card
The authority will release the admit card on the same passage as used to apply for the exam. Thus the candidates have to get it from the official website of the university. They have to use it in the exam & the counselling sessions. It will contain all the necessary information of the candidate & the exam.
TNEA 2019 Result
The authority will release the Result on the same passage as used to apply for the exam. Thus the candidates have to get it from the official website of the university. They have to use it in the counselling sessions. It will contain all the necessary information of the candidate & the scores of the exam.
TNEA 2019 Counselling
The counselling sessions will take place according to the university. Candidates have to produce all the documents of eligibility proof in the counselling sessions. They also have to carry the Admit card & the result of the exam in the counselling sessions. The authority will allocate the seats to candidates on the basis of the scores of the candidates in the exam.
TNEA 2019 Reservation Criteria
|Sr no.||Categories of the candidate||Reservation criteria of the seats|
|2||Other backward classes||26.50|
|3||Muslim Backward Class candidates||3.50|
|4||Other unnoticed backward classes or castes||20|
|6||Arunthathiyars of Scheduled Caste ()||3|
The university will follow this pattern to allocate the seats to the candidates.
How to Apply for TNEA 2019
- Candidates have to go on the official website of the university.
- Now they have to click on the link to the exam.
- Fill the application form & remit the registration fees.
- Download the copies of the application form to use in the procedures after the application.