RMO 2019: RMO or Regional Mathematical Olympiad is organised by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCS). HBCS organize RMO on the behalf of National Board of Higher Education. RMO is conducted to test students mathematical & analytical skills. RMO will be held in October 2019. RMO is conducted every year in 25 regions of the country in the month of October. Check the details of RMO 2019 in the article given below.
Candidates who want to apply for Regional Mathematical Olympiad 2019 have to apply online on the official website of HBCS. Candidates have to provide personal and academic details in the application form. Candidates also have to provide the status of PRMO in the application form of RMO 2019 in the online application form.
Candidates have to provide following personal details in the application form:
- Name of the Applicant
- Father Name of the Applicant
- Mother Name of the Applicant
- Date of Birth of the Applicant etc.
Candidates have to provide the following academic details in the application form:
- Class of the Applicant
- Name of the Region
- Name of the School
- Name of the Education Board etc.
Candidates also have to provide some of the following details in the application for
- Status of Applicant’s Pre Regional Mathematical Olympiad 2019.
- PRMO scor card, position and application number etc.
Regional Mathematical Olympiad 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Regional Mathematical Olympiad is as follows:
- Candidate must be an Indian National.
- Candidates must have qualified in Pre Regional Mathematical Olympiad (PRMO).
- Candidates for participating in Regional Mathematical Olympiad should be born on or after 1, August 1998.
- For participating in RMO candidate must be currently studying in 11th class or below.
- The candidate who is a college or equivalent institution student cannot participate in RMO 2019.
Regional Mathematical Olympiad 2019 Schedule
RMO will be held on 8 October 2019 (Sunday). The timing of the RMO will be 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
All the important dates related to RMO are given below;
|Sr. No.||Activity||Important Dates|
|1||Application Forms will begin||25 Sep. 2019|
|2||Deadline for the submission of Application Forms||1 Oct. 2019|
|3||Date of Regional Mathematical Olympiad||8 Oct. 2019|
|4||HBCSE will send the final list of selected candidates||30 Nov. 2019|
|5||Declaration of RMO result||7 Dec. 2019|
RMO 2019 Syllabus
The questions asked in Regional Mathematical Olympiad is asked of school-level i.e. pre-degree college mathematics. Mostly the questions are of level-up to 12th class. However, the difficulty level of exam is of high level. Questions will be based on the following topics:
- Arithmetic of Integers
- Quadratic Equations and Expressions
- Factorization of Polynomial
- System of Linear Equations
- Co-Ordinate Geometry
- Finite Series and Complex Numbers
- Probability Theory
- Permutations and Combinations
- Elementary Combinatorics
- Number Theory
- Elementry Graph Theory
Candidates should prepare according to the prescribed syllabus.
RMO 2019 Examination Pattern
Here is the examination pattern of RMO 2019:
- In RMO exam there will be only 6 questions asked.
- The questions will be descriptive in nature.
- Total time duration for RMO 2019 will be 3 hours.
RMO Admit Card
The admit card for RMO 2019 will be available before a week of the examination. Candidates will be able to download the RMO Admit card on the official website of the conducting authority.
How to Apply for RMO 2019
Those who want to apply for Regional Mathematical Olympiad 2019 have to first of all register themselves on the official website of Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education. Students can follow the steps given below to register on the official website:
- Go on the official website of HBCSE, www.olympiads.hbcse.tifr.res.in.
- On the Home screen of the website candidates will see the “Student Registration Form”. To download the application form students have to click on this option.
- Students must take the print out of the application form and fill it with care.
- Students must fill all the necessary details as asked in the application form.
- Candidates have to fill name, date of birth, father name, mother name and other important details in the application form.
- The filled in application form has to be submitted to the nearest NSE centre.
- Candidates can also fill the same application form online and submit it online.
- Candidates must save the filled in application form and take a print out of it for further reference.
Regional Mathematical Olympiad 2019 Selection Procedure
Regional Mathematical Olympiad is the first stage of examination to qualify for the International Mathematical Olympiad. Only 30 students will be selected for the next stage of RMO i.e. Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO). However, HBCSE will provide the certificate of Participation/ Merit to the top 50 students of each region. From each region, the selection of 5 girl students will be done in addition to to the 30 selected students.