CLAT Syllabus 2019: CLAT is also known as Common Law Admission Test. It is a national-level entrance examination organized and managed by the seventeen National Law Universities (NLUs) on a rotation basis. Through CLAT aspirants get admission to undergraduate and postgraduate law programs. It is a must to be familiar with the CLAT syllabus & exam pattern. In this article, candidates can check the details regarding CLAT Syllabus 2019.
CLAT Syllabus 2019
Though there is no fixed syllabus for Common Law Admission Test. However, candidates can consider the following topics. The CLAT syllabus consists of these five subjects:
- English Glossary: Analogies, Antonyms and Synonyms.
- English Comprehension: In this section, a paragraph will be given. Candidates have to answer the questions on the basis of the paragraph.
- English Proficiency Test: Cloze Test, Idioms & Phrases, Sentence Improvement, One Word Substitution, Rearrangement of Sentence in Paragraph, Words rearrangement in Sentence, Fill in the blanks.
- English (Errors): Spotting Errors, Inappropriate Usage of Words & Spelling Mistakes, Correct words (uses).
The question will be based on the following topics in Logical Reasoning section:
- Logical links identify patterns, rectify illogical arguments, syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, problem-solving in logical reasoning.
In this section candidates will be asked the questions on the following fundamental mathematics topics:
- Logarithm, Ration and Proportion, Approximation, Highest Common Factor and Lowest Common Multiple, Average, Surds and Indices, Decimals and Fractions, Roots, Number System, Areas and Volumes, Interest Calculation, Discounts, Profit and Loss.
GK (General Knowledge) & Current Affairs
National and International Importance events covering, science, technology, economics, sports, static GK and latest happening, books and authors, persons and place.
- This section has been included to judge candidate’s interest towards study of law, research aptitude & problem-solving ability.
- The question paper will consist of questions related to legal propositions & facts satisfying the propositions.
- Candidates have to assume whether the facts are true or false and answer accordingly.
- Some of the major topics for CLAT 2019 are; Indian Constitution, Legal Terms, International Law, Criminal Law, Legal Maxims, Family Law, and Contracts & Torts.
CLAT Exam Pattern 2019
The exam pattern for Common Law Admission Test is as follows:
- Time Duration: Candidates will be given two hours to complete the exam.
- Questions’ Type: There will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) asked in CLAT exam.
- Medium: The medium of the exam will be English.
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark
- Negative Marking: For each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Candidates can download CLAT PDF Exam Pattern from this link.
The split of Marks for Under Graduate courses:
|For Undergraduate Law Courses|
|GK and Current affairs||50|
The Split of Marks for Post Graduate Courses:
For Post Graduate Law Courses
|Contract, Criminal law, international law, torts, IPR||50|
Candidates to succeed in CLAT exam must prepare according to prescribed syllabus and exam pattern.